- Desks or office partitions
- Single-pane windows; storm windows or sashes only; older wooden framed windows; windows larger than 6x6’; windows with lead paint; used patio doors
- Used laminate countertops unless with complete kitchen cabinet set or vanity
- Tires, batteries, oil, solvents, chemicals & flammables
- Used blinds, curtain rods, curtains, roman shades or roller blinds
- Used furnaces, water heaters, air conditioners, refrigerators unless proven reliable
- Used light bulbs, T-12 light fixtures or light boxes
- Any item made to deliver potable water manufactured prior to 2013 (faucets, brass water fittings, dishwashers)
- Hollow core interior doors, commercial doors, doors with holes/rot, lead paint or other damage
- Used flooring (new flooring must be donated with two boxes or more per color/style)
- Fencing, trim, boards or wood with nails or staples
- Blocks or bricks with mortar
- Unframed mirrors, glass or used shower doors.
- Mattresses or box springs
- Baby furniture or products
- Cast iron tubs, drop in bath sinks, standard pre-owned toilets & new construction showers
- Used upholstered furniture with stains, odors, rips, holes or pet hair
- Used ceiling tile, closet tamers and particle board shelves
- Any liquids
- Electronics, entertainment centers, books or clothes
All donations must be clean, complete and in good reusable condition. No hazardous or recalled items will be accepted. Staff reserves the right to refuse a donation if on inspection the condition is deemed unacceptable or cannot be sold in a timely manner.
The Fort Wayne Habitat ReStore accepts donations of new and gently used appliances, furniture, building supplies and household items for resale to the public. Smaller items may be dropped off at the store during business hours. Larger items may be scheduled for pickup by the ReStore staff.
Some items accepted include (but are not limited to):
- Furniture (in very good condition - no rips, stains, broken parts or odors)
- Cabinets (doors & drawers intact)
- Flooring (new only)
- Windows (call for details)
- Lumber & Sheetrock
All donations made are tax deductible as allowable by law. Call the ReStore at 260.470.4200 for more information, or submit a donation pickup request below.
Pickup available for residents of Allen County only.